"Activity Safety Awareness & Preparedness" Plan
We know that many people right now are looking forward to summer adventure and to experiencing the great Colorado outdoors at our park. With this in mind, we’d like to address our plan for upcoming activities and supporting the health and safety of our community with “Safe To Play” practices.
We request for all guests who’ve booked an activity to follow local, county, and state regulations for safety and maintain social distancing practices while on property.
- We will be working to safeguard the activity sanitation standards based on CDC and Colorado Department of Public Health standards.
- We will be having no contact, self-checkin and waiver signing via text or email and safety trainings outside and not in our main lodge.
- All activity equipment and gear will be sanitized and cleaned using approved methods.
- Face Masks for guests will be included in their activity booking.
We will monitor group bookings and adhere to group minimums that are set by county restrictions.
Bookings can be rescheduled for a later date depending on travel issues and COVID-19 developments. Your booking credit for a future date will be based on the original amount paid. Rescheduling fees will be waived.
- All guides and staff members will be regularly washing their hands and following safety protocols during their entire time at the park. If any team members or employees seem to exhibit an illness, we will immediately ask them to return home and rest.
- We may also be required to reschedule guests to a future date if they appear to exhibit any possible symptoms as well.
- Staff and guests will have their temperature checked when they arrive on property.
- If a guest has been in contact with someone who has Covid, has been feeling ill, or has recently had Covid themselves and they come on property to do activities the activity will be cancelled and no refund will be issued.
- If an unexpected illness arises, guests should reach out to us before arriving and we will do our best to accommodate and change their reservation date to a future time.
- While on property we ask that guests maintain social distancing and wear masks.
- We will be shutting down the Zorb this season due to the challenges maintaining ongoing sanitation for it. Likewise all packages that included the Zorb will be unavailable.
- We are fully open year-round, however due to the unpredictable nature travel we highly encourage guests to obtain Travel Insurance from a trusted carrier for the beginning of your trip to your return for any unforeseen circumstances. If you have questions or would like more information you can reach out to us at 720-779-2595.
We continue to be committed to following health and safety regulations and strive to support the well-being of all guests and staff.