Lawson Adventure Park National Emergency Policy
Our Company understands the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting every one of us. We are closely monitoring the situation as it evolves. We value the safety of our guests and employees and are following the health guidelines laid out by the CDC and health officials.
We are fortunate, in that our Cabins and Yurts are each separate and distinct, and do not share common rooms, or air circulation. Therefore, they make good places to stay, getaway, and take a break from the possible situations of isolation for panic which many may find themselves in the midst of. Our activities are still scheduled to open May 22. We are committed to offering all of our activities and amenities, and will be closely monitoring the situation and making adjustments as needed
To assure that our cabins continue to be a great getaway during the Emergency:
- Our Cabins are getting additional sterilization procedures.
- We have “no contact” self-checkin instructions sent to guests on the day of their reservation.
- Restrooms and sinks all have soap available, for CDC-recommended handwashing methods.
- Due the National Emergency, we are adjusting our credit policies to waive the 15% Administrative Convenience Fee for cancellations, and allow up to 1 year to redeem. We are also waiving our fee for changing reservations date to a later, future date.
- We will be having self-checkin and waiver signing via text or email and safety trainings outside.
- All activity equipment and gear will be sanitized and cleaned regularly.
- To maintain social distancing standards, no more than 8 people will be allowed to book per time slot for any activity or package
- Bookings made between May 22 and July 4th can be rescheduled for a later date and rescheduling fees will be waived.
- All guides and staff members will be regularly washing their hands and following safety protocols during their entire time at the park.
- We may also be required to reschedule guests to a future date if they appear to exhibit any possible symptoms as well.
- We will be shutting down the Zorb this season due to the challenges maintaining ongoing sanitation for it. Likewise all packages that included the Zorb will be unavailable.
We, like many others, are a small business heavily affected by the Emergency. We are unable to adjust our refund policy, and will be applying for governmental emergency relief funds to get through the Emergency.
Thank you for the attention, and all the best to you and your families.
CEO, Lawson Adventure Park & Resort.
CDC Information & Resources
- General Information: For good general practices recommended by the CDC
- CDC Guidance for Travel within the United States
- CDC Risk Assessment by Country
- CDC Video: What Older Adults Should Know
- Colorado Department of Public Health: Information on COVID-19
- Colorado Dept of Publich Health: Testing in Colorado
- Local Clear Creek Resources: An overview for those located in or traveling to Clear Creek County
- We encourage all travelers to consider purchasing travel insurance
- Do not travel if you feel ill or if you’re at a higher risk for catching COVID-19
- We recommend that guests travel locally, not from out of state
Lodging with Us
- We will be doing “no contact” self-checkin through instructions sent to guests on how to access their lodging without having to stop at our main lodge
- We encourage guests to wash hands frequently during their stay and in between visits to places in the area
- We are doing extra cleaning and sanitation in all of our cabins and yurts as well as our main lodge