Top 10 Things to Do in the Colorado Mountains
By Jessica Power
Top 10 Things to Do in the Rockies
Having an adventure in the mountains can be a great way to spend time with other people while exploring the Colorado Rockies. Here are 10 things to consider doing while you’re staying at Lawson Adventure Park:
- Adventure at the Park! We have a wide variety of summer and winter activities available to groups and families. Turn your staycation into a playcation!
- Hiking. Get out in the fresh air and experience the Colorado wilderness. There is an app called AllTrails that shows what hikes are in what areas and the level of difficulty of each.
- Historic Towns. Lawson Adventure Park is located in between several historic towns, including Georgetown where you can find the Georgetown Loop Railroad and Idaho Springs where gold was first discovered! There are lots of unique shops and museums to see in the area.
- Local Restaurants. There are several great restaurants in the area with some amazing food including Mountain Prime and TommyKnockers. Make it a special occasion by dining out and getting a taste of what Colorado has to offer.
- Go to the Lake! The Georgetown Lake is the closest one to us and is only a couple miles away. You can go fishing or take the kids for a swim. Don’t forget to stop by the Lewis Sweet Shop in Empire afterwards!
- Have a Winter Adventure! We are located near Loveland Ski Area (the best place to ski and snowboard) as well as Echo Mountain where you can snowtube. At the park we offer guided snowshoeing and the Winter Zorb: Roll down the hill in a giant snowball 😉
- Live Like a Local: Come to Festivals & Events! There are many ongoing events throughout the year in the Idaho Springs area. Many of the events and festivals feature music, fun family activities, great food, and a fun time in the mountains. Follow us on Facebook to hear about some of the upcoming events being featured on #TravelTuesday!
- Horseback Riding. Take a ride through history on either guided or unguided paths to venture into gold mines and historical areas with A & A Historical Horseback Riding.
- Fly Fishing. We offer fly fishing starting at the end of May and going to the beginning of August. We can take you to the best spots in the area where we know the fish are biting!
- Camping. Along with cabins and yurts, we also have several campsites at the park for those who want to pitch a tent and have a traditional camping experience. S’mores are available at the main lodge during the summer and pets are allowed so you can bring the Whole family.